Select similarly colored areas of an image
The Select Color (or the magic wand tool), lets you select elements or entire areas in your images according to their color.
- Choose the Color Selection tool by doing one of the following:
- Click in the
Tools sidebar or choose it from the
- Choose Tools > Select > Select Color (from the Tools menu at the top of your screen).
- Press the
key on your keyboard.
- In the Tool Options pane, customize the options for the Select Color tool:
- Sample All Layers: Select to make the Select Color tool make selections based not just on the active layer, but your entire visible image.
- Smooth Edges: Select to naturally smooth the selection outline.
Drag in your image to make a selection.
If you'd like to select areas in an image within a specific color range, click Select Color Range at the bottom of the Tool Options pane.