Use the Replace Image feature to quickly swap one image for another while preserving the layer styles, color adjustments, effects, and other nondestructive edits.
Replace an image layer
- Select the layer you'd like to replace.
- Do one of the following:
- Control-click the layer you'd like to replace in the Layers sidebar and choose Replace image.
- Choose Format > Image > Replace Image (from the Format menu at the top of your screen).
+ + on your keyboard.
- In the Scale pop-up menu, choose a scaling option: Original Size, Stretch, Scale to Fill, or Scale to Fit. If you don't choose an option, Scale to Fill will be selected by default.
- Choose the replacement image and click Replace Image.
Tip: If the replacement image happens to be larger than the canvas, some of its content may be hidden beyond the edges of the canvas. Select the Arrange tool and
zoom out of the image until you see the layer handles, then resize it to fit the canvas. You can also choose Image > Reveal Canvas (from the Image menu at the top of your screen).