Set Apple Pencil preferences
If you're working with Pixelmator Pro on an iPad (using Sidecar), you can speed up certain actions using the double-tap gesture of Apple Pencil.
Set the Apple Pencil preferences
- Choose Pixelmator Pro > Preferences (from the Pixelmator Pro menu at the top of your screen).
- In the Pencil tab, select the action you'd like to assign to the double-tap gesture:
- Switch between the Paint and Erase tools. Lets you quickly switch between painting and erasing which can be useful when creating traditional paintings.
- Show and hide the Colors window. Lets you quickly choose, pick or save colors to and from the macOS-native Colors window.
- Undo and redo changes. Quickly undo or redo actions while working on your designs.
- Turn off double-tap gesture for Apple Pencil. The double-tap gesture will have no special actions assigned to it.
Note: The double-tap gesture is available with 2nd generation Apple Pencils only.