External library (outside Apple Photos) with raw files on Photomator for Mac

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2023-06-05 15:29:43

Hi,
I have a huge library of raw files from my cameras on an external hard drive. They’re mostly .dng, form my Ricoh Gr cameras, but also some .rwl from my Leica and .orf from my Olympus raw files. Can I edit them with Photomator for Mac without importing them to Apple photos library?
Thanks.

2023-06-14 05:57:05

That is available on iOS/iPadOS and supposed to be coming for MacOS:
Full file system integration.
File browser support with effortless file and folder management.

https://www.pixelmator.com/photomator/roadmap/

2023-06-14 10:01:20

I am currently testing Photomator, although I have paid for the lifetime license of Pixelmator.
I find Photomator much easier to use for my photo editing needs, I like it a lot!
But currently, the missing full file system integration is holding me back from buying... just saying.
Is there a time schedule for this feature?

2023-06-16 14:21:06

Same here!

2023-06-16 14:38:49

Hey everyone! We totally get how important full file system integration is for photography workflows, and while we can't give an exact ETA for this feature just yet, we want to let you know that it is a top priority for us. We're working on getting it ready as soon as we can but, at the same time, we don't want to cut any corners.

2023-06-16 21:12:04

I have purchased the lifetime license so I could get both the macOS, iOS and iPadOS versions to play with (even though I already own a license to Pixelmator PRO for my iMac).
I realize that there is a nice library integration built into Photomator but would like on the macOS version to have the ability to use extensions (versus the "edit with" option) in Photos. I prefer to use Photos as my browser and to select what photos to edit/work with further than what the Photos app itself can do and it is easier - like with Pixelmator Pro - just use the Extension to pass the photo and it's adjustments back and forth.

2023-06-19 10:28:04

by Swandy I have purchased the lifetime license so I could get both the macOS, iOS and iPadOS versions to play with (even though I already own a license to Pixelmator PRO for my iMac).
I realize that there is a nice library integration built into Photomator but would like on the macOS version to have the ability to use extensions (versus the "edit with" option) in Photos. I prefer to use Photos as my browser and to select what photos to edit/work with further than what the Photos app itself can do and it is easier - like with Pixelmator Pro - just use the Extension to pass the photo and it's adjustments back and forth.
Fair request! Posted a reply in the original thread.