Editing existing text

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2023-02-07 21:09:37

I am labeling several subjects inside one image and was able to create several text boxes under each one. However, I can't find a way to easily navigate to the said text boxes without jumping to the layers panel and digging through the stack. When I try to click on the text box itself using the Move tool, nothing happens to make the text editable or highlighted. Using the Text tool this way, as you may know, only creates a new, unneeded text box. It seems even double-clicking a particular layer in the Layers Panel doesn't do anything aside from making that layer's name editable.

I found and tried following the steps suggested in this post from the community:viewtopic.php?t=17334#:~:text=In%20Pixe ... edit%20it. but it didn't work as described. I only noticed later it's a post from 2019 and the solution probably applies to a different version.

Please help, I'd really appreciate any keyboard shortcuts, tips, and suggestions you could pitch my way.

My specs: macOS Big Sur
Pixelmator Pro version 3.0 Muse

2023-02-09 09:31:30

Hi Enzo! Tools like Type or Shape that can call the Arrange tool to be able to let you move layers directly on your canvas rely on the Arrange tool settings. Try selecting the Arrange tool, enabling Auto Select at the bottom of the Tool Options pane, and then using the Type tool again.