Photomator and Pixelmator Pro introduce stunning new frames

Discuss the latest Pixelmator news.

2024-06-07 13:05:24

Photomator introduces an all-new Frame feature on Mac, letting you enhance your photos with beautiful, customizable frames before exporting. Meanwhile, Pixelmator Pro rolls out stunning new frame templates designed to make your photos shine. :sparkles:

Learn more in this blog post.

2024-06-07 15:59:58

Will we be able to add our own frame templates to either app?

2024-06-07 16:30:08

This looks like a really useful feature, but will it come to Photomator for iPad?

2024-06-08 13:11:46

Lovely update! What about iOS version for iPad? Thanks

2024-06-08 20:27:05

Can you also make this available for iPad?

2024-06-09 09:31:39

That's a neat and unexpected addition, thank you! So nice to see the Export dialog improving so fast :)

It would be great to have a few more options in the future, like a new toggle that would open a new panel to rename files on export (adding a prefix, a sequence, etc.) and presets. They would allow users to define an "Export for web" preset for instance with predefined parameters like image size and quality, watermark options, etc.

2024-06-10 07:59:44

by espiox This looks like a really useful feature, but will it come to Photomator for iPad?
by Fabs Lovely update! What about iOS version for iPad? Thanks
by Wessel Bronswijk Can you also make this available for iPad?
We'll soon add the frames feature to Photomator on iOS as well!
by Michael P That's a neat and unexpected addition, thank you! So nice to see the Export dialog improving so fast :)

It would be great to have a few more options in the future, like a new toggle that would open a new panel to rename files on export (adding a prefix, a sequence, etc.) and presets. They would allow users to define an "Export for web" preset for instance with predefined parameters like image size and quality, watermark options, etc.
Happy to hear that! 🫶 The requested features sound doable, we'll keep them in mind. And, batch file renaming is already on the Photomator roadmap.
by Lysander Will we be able to add our own frame templates to either app?
I can't say for sure at this very moment, but I don't think we'll be adding this feature to Photomator in the near future. However, we have been considering adding a feature that allows custom templates, including frames, in Pixelmator Pro. 🙏

2024-06-10 08:02:58

Surprisingly framing is something I don't need. If the picture is good then it does not need framing.

2024-06-11 15:29:18

by ohanian Surprisingly framing is something I don't need. If the picture is good then it does not need framing.
That is cool! However, some people will like it. It is a nice little touch.

2024-06-12 13:22:17

I have no idea how to make this work in Pixelmator Pro. Are there tutorials?

2024-06-12 15:51:30

A nice update for those of us who like to use a frame around our social media posts. Looking forward to more progress against the Photomator roadmap as other app developers seem to be making incredible advances in their use of AI for photo editing.