Simply add a watermark?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2024-01-10 16:44:00

I would like to "burn in" a watermark on a few of my pictures/photos. This also works with Pixelmator Pro, but it is a bit " complicated" and involves some work. I am working on macOS 14.2.1 and the version of Pixelmator Pro is the current 3.5.3.

My workflow:
I create a new layer and select the text tool with the color "white" and reduced opacity. Now I copy the text field and paste it into the image. I move the new text fields so that it looks like a typical watermark.

But I don't find the solution optimal and haven't found a direct tool to create watermarks. Because these self-adjusting watermarks don't look so professional if you don't invest time in them. So equal spacing etc.

Is there a tool for this in the app that I have overlooked or is there a better and simpler solution for creating watermarks with it?

2024-02-16 09:16:34

Hi, I am not sure what you mean, but you can create a watermark with no background one time, save it, and drag it to the layer panel to add the layers from that watermark project onto your photo.
This video explains how to use Shortcuts to automate watermarking:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyEGoKNiFkk

Was this helpful?