Batch export issue on iPad Pro

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2024-01-02 09:49:25

I’m having issues when I create a workflow to batch export JPGs from RAW files. Right now, I have to create two different workflows, one for portrait and one for landscape format. That means I have to export photos separately based on their orientation, which could be avoided if the app let me set 1200px for the longer side. I’m surprised that’s not an option despite it being an essential feature of photo editor apps. Besides wasting time exporting my JPGs in two steps, let’s say I crop a photo, then am I supposed to calculate the shorter side each time? It just doesn’t make sense.

Besides, when I set custom size (1200px x 900px) for landscape format, then I create a new workflow and change the custom size (900px x 1200px) for portrait format, I’ve noticed when I doubled checked the settings that the app uses the same custom size for workflows despite I changed that before saving the second workflow.

I had this issue before but then somehow it got resolved, nows it’s back. I also noticed that the file size of the exported resized JPGs have a file size comparable to JPGs that were exported in original size (from 33MP & 45MP RAW files).

I use the latest version of the app (v3.3) and I’d appreciate if someone could advise me how I could resolve these weird issues!🙏🏻

2024-01-11 16:15:30

Hi, I have a similar problem; when I try to resize a photo with the workflow it does not work, the size in pixels remain the same on the exported file. Did you find a solution?

2024-01-11 16:23:29

by Maurizio Hi, I have a similar problem; when I try to resize a photo with the workflow it does not work, the size in pixels remain the same on the exported file. Did you find a solution?
No, it's frustrating because it randomly occurs. Sometimes quitting the app and relaunching it again helps. I'm pretty sure it's a bug but it's been present - perhaps - for years and I'm surprised it hasn't been reported or taken care of yet.💆🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

2024-01-12 23:48:32

If you set a custom % scaling that give you the desired long hedge size, would that be enough ? It requires that all images have the same starting resolution, which might not be the case after groping and all.

2024-01-13 20:55:54

by Martin Chalifoux If you set a custom % scaling that give you the desired long hedge size, would that be enough ? It requires that all images have the same starting resolution, which might not be the case after groping and all.

I find that feature useless because I simply want to export my images with 1280px on the longer side. It’s a basic feature in every photo editing apps so I’m not sure why it has been overlooked and still so buggy. I appreciate your input though.🙂