Problem: Resized image smaller > trimmed selection > resize enlarged image > resolution lower

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2023-12-19 01:56:06

I'm having an issue with PM Pro. Here's my standard process/workflow...

I'm adding an image to a 3840 x 2160 project. I shoot in higher solution, so the image goes beyond the canvas. I need to trim areas of the image that are beyond the borders of the canvas, so I use the Arrange tool to make the image smaller. Then I use the Rectangular Selection tool to select the area of the image I want to keep. I delete the unneeded areas of the image. Then I use the Arrange tool again to make the image larger, the resolution is lower.

I stress, I understand the an image loses sharpness if I resize to a larger size than the original image, but I'm doing that. I'm simply making the cropped image larger than the size it was when I dropped it. Even then, the resized image is lower resolution. What's happening here and how can I preserve the original sharpness of my image? As you can see in my embedded image, the image on the right is more blurry even though it's the same size as the original. Image