Edit - from Photomator to Pixelmator Pro

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2023-12-13 13:53:32

Hi! I have been using Pixelmator Pro for a while now, now I purchased Photomator and I am a complete newbie in this app. After doing some changes in photomator I want to take the photo further to Pixelmator Pro. I am selecting Image -> Edit in Pixelmator Pro.
The app asks me if I want to make changes to the current file, I click ok and then Pixelmator Pro icon opens, but the photo doesn't open there. It is just as if I started Pixelmator from scratch. I tried to also do it from library level and the effect is the same. Do I do something wrong?
I use it on Mac, I have the latest version of both apps.

2023-12-13 21:58:02

I have found exactly the same issue. Is it a permissions problem or configuration issue? Anyone getting this to work with the latest app versions?

2023-12-14 07:29:49

I have been experiencing the same issue, I find as soon as I add a layer to pic in Photomator it will not send to Pixelmator and vice versa. If I send unmodified it works.

2023-12-15 16:57:55

Sounds like a bug has been introduced, have you reported it to the team?

2023-12-16 23:38:58

It’s working for me now after latest update,
I’m not sure if it’s latest update or making sidecars use iCloud for storage. I have wondered if using pictures folder instead of iCloud has something to do with it not working.