White Balance Slider Units: KELVIN

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2023-09-06 08:05:03

Hello,

I really enjoy Pixelmator Pro compared to Adobe's Software, but there is one thing that I'm really missing compared to Adobe Camera Raw:
The White Balance / Color Temperature Slider in Pixelmator simply shows arbitrary values from -100% to +100%. These numbers don't mean anything to a photographer, while in Adobe Camera Raw you can set the Color Temperature to a specific value in Kelvin. This makes RAW processing more accurate and enables a workflow where you use the camera's settings in conjunction with the RAW processing tools while editing.

The same could be argued for the exposure slider (which in Pixelmator Pro also doesn't display a proper unit but simply ranges from -200% to +200%. Who knows what that means in EV?), but I would say that this is less important than knowing what actual Color Temp you have set your RAW to be processed to.

I know this is only a small detail, but I still feel like it's really important for enabling a professional workflow. I hope that it's possible to add this option in a future update!

2023-09-27 03:14:55

I'm just writing to say I strongly support this as well! Being able to set a specific color temperature in Kelvin is very important to many workflows, especially those where a photographer might use a gray card in one image and copy that white balance to other images in the set.

edit: Just realized this is the Pixelmator section - my interest lies primarily in Photomator, but I'm sure it would be useful in Pixelmator as well!

2024-03-19 13:33:56

by TrevorI I'm just writing to say I strongly support this as well! Being able to set a specific color temperature in Kelvin is very important to many workflows, especially those where a photographer might use a gray card in one image and copy that white balance to other images in the set.

edit: Just realized this is the Pixelmator section - my interest lies primarily in Photomator, but I'm sure it would be useful in Pixelmator as well!
:100: %