Photomator Image Browser Improvements Thread

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Photo?

2023-09-02 09:03:22

I'm starting a thread with the things I would like to see added to the image browser. Everybody post your suggestions, here are mine:

1. On right click on an image, there is an "increase resolution" option. Please let us enter the width or height of the resolution we want. Currently it makes the resolution bigger randomly it seems. No idea how the software decides what resolution to increase to. In Pixelmator Pro, we can enter it also, should be the same in Photomator.

2. Keywords/tagging and caption. This info can be entered in Apple Photos and I have to currently go back to Apple Photos in order to do any tagging. Can we add this into the info dialogue please, same as on Apple Photos. And add something like the keyword manager in Apple Photos as well where we can delete or edit existing keywords. As "rating" is on the Photomator roadmap, maybe that can be extended to also include keywords, so we can rate and tag.

2. Remove sidecar files of selected images: Let us select one or multiple images that I edited already in Photomator. So they have the little icon in the top left of the image. Add an option that lets me delete the sidecar file of selected image(s) but keep the edited photo. Often I edit photos slightly, just do a little white balance adjustment or something like this, and then I want an easy way to get rid of the sidecar file afterwards to not waste a lot of space on my icloud drive. Going into the sidecar folder and locating each file I want deleted is cumbersome.

2023-09-26 22:40:22

+1 on keywording.