Pixelmator Pro and Shortcuts

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2023-08-29 14:11:18

I did an automation with Shortcuts, but I believe it can be done more effectively. Maybe you can suggest something?

Basic idea: I have a Folder 1 where I want to copy my .CR3 files (RAWs), then hit the shortcut and it should apply a LUT (let's call it xyz.cube) to everything in the folder, resize it so that it is smaller and apply 2 different watermarks (2 different effects). Then it should be saved in Folder 2 as .jpeg.

The automation: (some commands I have in my own language so I just translate them)
Download the content of the folder Folder 1 -> Open the folder content in the app Pixelmator Pro -> Apply xyz.cube to content of the folder -> Convert Edited Image/Video to JPEG -> Change the size of Converted file - Percent: 65% -> Open image of changed size in app Pixelmator Pro -> Apply effect preset NAME1 to image of changed size and mask effects using Mask Image -> Open Edited Image/ Video in app Pixelmator Pro -> Apply effect preset NAME2 to Edited Image/ Video and mask effects using Mask Image -> Save Edited Image/ Video in Folder 2

Problem: Each photo is opening 3 times and that makes Pixelmator go slow. I cannot upload too many or I will kill the app. But when I did the automation differently it wasn't always working.

2023-09-15 22:12:00

It seems as if you're opening the images again and again. Take away the two "Open Edited Image/ Video in app Pixelmator Pro". Also: post a screenshot and a link to the shortcut!