Why did Pixelmator team decide to launch a new product with similar features?

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2023-08-10 04:04:01

Pixelmator Pro and Photomator appear to address the same problem space. Does anyone know why the Pixelmator Pro team decide to launch Photomator instead of including its features in Pixelmator Pro itself?

2023-08-21 14:48:07

They do not address the same things. Photomator is raw image processing app. Pixelmator Pro is an image manipulator. Photomator is more for true photography and photo post-processing. Pixelmator Pro gets more into graphic design. Can you do the same things with Pixelmator Pro that you can with Photomator? Yes. But you can do so much more. Photomator/Pixelmator Pro is similar to Lightroom/Photoshop.

2023-08-21 15:48:34

by Nadeem They do not address the same things. Photomator is raw image processing app. Pixelmator Pro is an image manipulator. Photomator is more for true photography and photo post-processing. Pixelmator Pro gets more into graphic design. Can you do the same things with Pixelmator Pro that you can with Photomator? Yes. But you can do so much more. Photomator/Pixelmator Pro is similar to Lightroom/Photoshop.
Thank you.

2023-08-27 16:09:09

My guess is that the two will diverge more over time.

2023-09-11 17:00:27

by Nadeem They do not address the same things. Photomator is raw image processing app. Pixelmator Pro is an image manipulator. Photomator is more for true photography and photo post-processing. Pixelmator Pro gets more into graphic design. Can you do the same things with Pixelmator Pro that you can with Photomator? Yes. But you can do so much more. Photomator/Pixelmator Pro is similar to Lightroom/Photoshop.
I thought Pixelmator was not updated any more.

2023-09-12 14:37:22

by Republiken
I thought Pixelmator was not updated any more.
I think Pixelmator has received a few updates recently. Pixelmator Pro receives lots of updates and may someday even come to iOS. Photomator is now receiving lots of updates as well.