Lifetime license on both macOS computers

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2023-05-25 17:22:18

Hello,

I use MacBook Air “on the go” and an iMac at home. Both are mine, both signed in to the same Apple ID / Apple App Store. I purchased a lifetime license using the laptop but when I tried to use it on the desktop it tells me that there is no license prompting me to buy another lifetime license! I reached out to support via e-mail several days ago but nobody bothered to respond so I logged a complaint with Apple now and I wonder if I should request a refund for the purchase since I cannot use it across my computers. Every single software I bought through Apple App Store with a lifetime license also works across both machines. I don’t know why Photomator is not and I cannot get any response and help from anyone. I have previously purchased iOS apps from the company including Pixelmator Pro etc. I wonder I can get any help here finally or I will request refund and stick with Adobe going forward as support for the product is unreliable.

2023-05-26 23:48:35

Hi there, apologies for the delay in responding! Everything should definitely work across both devices, so we'd love to get to the bottom of this. To start, could you let me know what happens when you open the app on the other computer and choose Photomator > Restore Purchase…?

2023-05-26 23:56:02

I have finally received a response from support team via e-mail and they resolved the issue today by doing a bit of work around to solve it. Please consider now the issue as closed. Thank you.

2023-05-27 00:06:07

Wonderful, sorry to hear you had to wait a little bit, but it's great that the issue's now solved. Hope you enjoy using the app!

2023-05-27 12:48:11

by TysonW I have finally received a response from support team via e-mail and they resolved the issue today by doing a bit of work around to solve it. Please consider now the issue as closed. Thank you.
Might be helpful for others if you (know how and) can tell us how it was resolved.

Anyway, I had the same issue. I had installed Photomator on 2 Macs, then purchased on Mac #1 , but same as you, Mac #2 did not show as licensed. I uninstalled / re-installed Photomator of Mac #2 and it then was licensed.

2023-05-27 13:16:17

Support sent me unique code for Apple Store to redeem for a license after verifying my original purchase. Hope this helps!