Photomator MacOS

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2023-05-16 15:07:35

Congrats to the team for the release. This is BIG. Got my lifetime copy and already have few questions somebody might help with.

1. If I make changes and adjustments on one photo, how do you sync the changes with other selected photos. Lets say you work on a photo for 1h and then you want to sync all changes at once like in Lightroom. How you do it? Is there simple sync or you have to create a workflow? I could not find a way to save workflow with all the steps and adjustments I made. Custom Workfows are too simple. Would be great to record your process of photo adj. and then simply copy and paste all the steps into one workflow. Possible? Am I missing something?.

2.Would be great to have custom Toolbar for most often tools.

3.Is there a simple way to make a duplicate so you do not edit your RAW photo?

4.Can you add plugins like Nik collection?

5.Batch export to different formats(one photo to export to different social media formats at once. Possible? Can you batch export using Pixelmator?

6.Vignette very limited also curious about lens correction and camera profiles. Possible?

Looking forward for more detailed tutorials in comparison with Lightroom workflow. This is fantastic news, lets hope this will be appreciated with Lightroom community which was waiting for something like this for years.

2023-05-16 15:54:47

Really sad that Photomator for MacOS is only for Ventura and later. Is there a reason for this limitation? I love Pixelmator Pro and use it regularly for photo editing on my mid-2015 MacBook Pro!

I plan on upgrading my computer in the next year. Since I don't pay for a subscription for Photomator on my iPad and iPhone, will that still be the case if I download Photomator on a new MacBook Pro later this year?

2023-05-17 05:53:12

Hmm, looks like this community is dead. So few posts on ground breaking announcement. But maybe its only me. Given the fact, not even a moderators care to answer any of my questions I start to understand …. oh well.

2023-05-18 00:02:38

Photomator will hang at launch on my iMac Pro that has PowerPhotos installed.

(I think this is a known problem)

Looking forward to Photomator update that works independently of Apple Photos!

2023-05-23 09:49:56

I updated my Macbook Pro Late 2013 to macOS Ventura (with OCLP) but Photomator does not appear in the list of Apps to allow full access to the Photos app. Is this a bug? Well I have to wait till file access is implemented, until then Photomator is totally useless for me.

2024-01-29 16:07:14

I like @Mike_72's suggestions and would also vote especially for 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6.

2024-01-29 18:23:26

On 2. it is at least possible to reorder the tools so you ca but your favorites at the top.

On 3. Photomator is non destructive, you never loose your RAW file. You can always revert back to it using the "revert to Original" command in Photomator on in Apple Photos.

On 6. the issue has often been brought up put there is never an answer from the development team. They rely on Apple for RAW processing and Apple does publish the list of supportes cameras. There is absolutely no info on lens and I would love Photomator to clearly support lens - I am stuck with a lens that Apple does not correct at is a new Canon lens, not an obscure product.

2024-01-29 19:33:44

I'll be surprised if you can ever get lens corrections whilst apple raw is used, its the biggest negative of not having your own raw developer, but saves time/money

I use DxO pureraw to demosic & lens correct before editing the produced .dng in photomator (not a real answer as such to the Q I know)

Shelton.