Blend Ranges

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2023-04-16 22:37:33

We could use more detailed blend options. Specifically, if we can select blend tonal ranges on a curves/linear grid, it'll let us more easily recolour things like the highlights on a cloud to make them more magenta, or yellow for example, in order to make a better ambient match when replacing skies while keeping existing clouds for example.

IMO, this would be the end to debate on whether Pixelmator Pro can swing with the likes of Affinity Photo and Photoshop. I mean, it's already won me over, but I still find myself reaching for other programs with this little tweak from time to time. When I was using Affinity Photo, I never had the urge to go to another program for some feature or another, and right now Pixelmator Pro is my-main editor, but I still need to drop another editor in there from time to time, so this would make PP an absolute unit for the way I work. As it stands, all the integrations with Shortcuts, Sidecar files, Photos, that's the reason I use it, but missing this feature is the reason it's not the only thing I use, so that would be awesome, thanks.

2023-05-05 15:33:57

Completely agree with Mad_Rees. This would be the final item required to ditch other software completely.

2023-05-18 01:24:17

Never heard of this, so I looked it up on YouTube. Looks really powerful.

+1 vote

Watch here if you’ve never seen this
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uaZKayQZn-c