Does Pixelmator have an Adobe symbol analog?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2023-02-09 15:39:31

So, here are symbols https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/symbols.html in adobe software. They help me to make changes at once for all objects, which I mark as a symbol. Is there anything like this in Pixelmator pro?

2023-02-09 16:45:10

I confess I don't know about "make changes at once for all objects" and I don't grok what Adobe does with symbols, but there are quite a few symbols [aka shapes] available in PixPro - all the symbols I have were free or home made. I've had my symbols so long that I don't know where they all came from; a sampling:
And may I suggest Freeform [new to IOS] to grab some shapes. Edited in Pixelmator:

2023-02-10 01:48:23

mccoytest, I love your collection of symbols! In fact, now, when you mention it, I need to make one for myself.

But, the symbols I’m talking about, are some other type of symbols.

So, I was reading on how this guy draws metropolitan maps, and he says that he uses those symbols in adobe. As an example, he shows how he can with just a few clicks transform all the turns of the line from this map:

Into the loops in this one:

Does anyone know if this trick is possible and pixelmator?

2023-02-11 03:40:27

+1 for symbols in Pixelmator Pro. In particular I would like custom symbols that update instances when my symbol master is modified. This could be very useful for a template that allow a master symbol to be updated with a drop in graphic.

2023-07-16 15:55:35

In the Canvas Mac app, many years ago, it allowed you to select and instantiate an item and then permit several instantiations of that item elsewhere in a design. ( I don't exactly remember how ) You can designate an item as the master item and any modifications to the master appear in all instantiations of that item regardless of rotations and size variations. That was a feature request of mine for Pixelmator and Pixelmator Pro years ago. It would be akin to this request and very convenient and useful. +1