Pinch to zoom stopped working

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2022-12-26 07:38:33

On a MacBook Pro, 2020, M1, MacOS Ventura 13.0.1, Pixelmator Pro 3.1.1

Pinch to zoom does not work anymore. I need to CMD+ + and - to Zoom in and out. Is this a feature? Is there a setting? Is my Macbook that's broken? My technique bad? How to get the pinch to zoom back?

This used to work, then occasionally didn't, and now completely doesn't:

"If you’re using a MacBook with a Multi-Touch trackpad or the Magic Trackpad, move the mouse pointer over your image, then pinch using two fingers to zoom in or out." https://www.pixelmator.com/support/guid ... -pro/1279/

2022-12-28 13:31:47

I think this is more of a general Mac issue instead of a Pixelmator one. Other people on Reddit also have this problem (including me). What works for me and according to Reddit is going into System Settings > Trackpad > Scroll & Zoom and turning on and off the toggle switches. It's slightly annoying having to do all this but it works, I guess.

Hopefully Apple fixes this soon.

2023-01-02 09:12:47

It's true that this is more likely to be a macOS issue, but even then, if we had a way to reliably reproduce it we could at least report it to Apple from our side in hopes of speeding things along. So far all of the instances we've encountered this on Ventura seemed to be one-offs with no clear trigger or way to reproduce them. If anyone reading this has found a way to consistently reproduce this issue, please drop us a line at support@pixelmator.com with the details (device details, repro steps / screen recording, project files / images required for repro) and we'll do what we can to help fix it. :pray:

2023-03-17 07:22:54

by joshuamcanete What works for me and according to Reddit is going into System Settings > Trackpad > Scroll & Zoom and turning on and off the toggle switches. It's slightly annoying
It stops working quite unexpectedly and suddenly, totally random. Pixelmator Pro is the only app in which I've ever encountered this behaviour. Your trick works though, so at least something I can do other than the rather crude command + and command - Thanks!