Picture sorting still isn't working correct.

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2024-05-21 13:44:24

It didn't work for me during the beta phase and it still doesn't now:
Sorting by creation date, oldest first, feels more like random sorting.

2024-05-21 13:47:51

(I'm using the file browser and photomator for mac os)

2024-05-21 13:51:05

Unfortunately when it comes to library management Photomator is very rough, not to say useless. There is no way to tag pictures for keepers, deletion, ranking, etc. There is no way to compare photos. So culling the photos after a shoot is need impossible, I end up doing it in the finder. When looking at the photos in the Files Browser, you cannot zoom, sort or anything useful. On the iPad it is much worse, it is totally featureless. They really put all their efforts in editing images, put for those that take more photos and need to cull them, it is a real pain. I typically keep 10-20% of the shots after a shoot so I delete more pictures than I keep, and for that important part the process I am very disappointed with Photomator and the lack of progress in adding the features. They are well known, they existing in Lightroom and other apps, but they do not implement them nor are they on the roadmap.

2024-05-21 22:48:31

I understand…..I got over it once I installed Photo Mechanic…

2024-05-22 00:13:46

by USAntigoon I understand…..I got over it once I installed Photo Mechanic…
What about working on iPad with that application ?

2024-05-22 01:11:27

by Martin Chalifoux
What about working on iPad with that application ?
Will not work I guess...All my photography and videography post work is done on iMac..I need several external SSD's for back up etc...

2024-05-23 14:18:53

Yep, there's still some work to be done here, unfortunately – it's something I'll be addressing once we start to work on filtering/tagging/rating etc. That's the next big feature on the roadmap and work should start on it relatively soon. :pray:

2024-05-28 11:04:47

by Andrius Yep, there's still some work to be done here, unfortunately – it's something I'll be addressing once we start to work on filtering/tagging/rating etc. That's the next big feature on the roadmap and work should start on it relatively soon. :pray:
Thanks Andrius. I hope you put a lens correction feature in the same group of features. The apple RAW engine does no correction on any Canon RF lens and it is frustrating as hell no to be able to edit those RAW file with Photomator because it lacks a way to compensate the Apple's lack of support of Canon RF lenses. This is an important brand, and these are modern lenses that rely on correction by design like many modern lenses. Since there is no way to influence Apple it is important that Photomator fill the gat. Apps like Nitro, AffinityPhoto2, and others have recognized this and offer a way to correct lenses when needed despite also using the Apple RAW engine. I love Nitro implementation where it will remember manual corrections in a smart way so as you correct a lens manually it because semi-automatic over time. But I way prefer Photomator for so many things and want to keep it my editor of choice, anxiously way waiting for the gaps to be filled.