making kiss cut stickers - how to save the outline stroke

Discuss and share Pixelmator Pro resources such as templates, mockups, and tutorials.

2023-11-01 10:00:32

Hi - I am working with Pixelmator Pro. I am making kiss cut stickers and i need a 6mm white outline around my artwork, and I need a red thin line at 3mm to indicate the cut line. So its 3mm white, red line, 3mm white. I need to save to PDF with the red line as a separate layer from the artwork. Any advice? Many thanks! Kelly

2024-03-13 11:02:04

Hi Kelly, I have the exact same problem. Did you find a solution? Many thanks, Lisa :-)

2024-03-16 18:00:37

I was able to create objects on the mm scale and hoped that a set of two or three strokes would easily create the white and red spacing as required above, but then I discovered that strokes could only be applied in pixel dimensions. On my studio display 3mm would translate to 35.433 pixels and 6mm to twice that. It just didn't look right. When I did try to use mm in the stroke definition it converted that to very small pixel widths. No good. The closest I seemed to get was something like this: ImageBut my attempt was on a very simple shape, not giving me much hope for a more complex shape. (First time ever thinking of kiss stickers too.)Fun trying though: Image