Missing batch export feature

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2024-03-02 14:09:33

After the last few updates, I’ve noticed that the batch export feature mysteriously disappeared on the iPad. Now, I have to enter each sidecar file individually and export a resized photo one by one, and even exporting one photo takes several steps. Taking away this basic feature, which didn’t even work correctly in the first place, leaves me with a lot of extra work and time wasted.

Can we just get back the batch export feature ASAP with an improved version that is user-friendly and allows us to save different settings where we simply specify the dimension of the longer side of the exported image so we can speed up our workflow once again?!

2024-03-02 14:54:34

if you select several images and touch the Edit images button that apears, you will be able to use a workflow, and you can create one to export photos. Workflows are not in the ... menu, where I think they might have been before.

2024-03-02 15:08:43

by Martin Chalifoux if you select several images and touch the Edit images button that apears, you will be able to use a workflow, and you can create one to export photos. Workflows are not in the ... menu, where I think they might have been before.
Thanks! I’m aware how the batch export worked before, I used it daily. But now when I tap on “Select” the “Edit” option is greyed out so I can’t even access my previous saved settings. Hence my complaint about the sudden disappearance of the batch export feature.

2024-03-02 22:55:56

I can batch export photos in the way described by Martin Chalifoux. Precisely so!
However a separate shortcut in menu would be nice.

2024-03-03 22:33:17

by Titus Atomicus I can batch export photos in the way described by Martin Chalifoux. Precisely so!
However, a separate shortcut in menu would be nice.
I'm glad it works for you.🙂 When I touch the “Select” button, the “Edit” option gets greyed out. However, I discovered in the meantime that by selecting several sidecar files, I can long press with my finger/Apple Pencil on one of them, and then I can find the export option and my previously saved settings in the pop-up menu. Small victory!🙌🏻

2024-03-08 19:38:20

by lwlartstudio
Thanks! I’m aware how the batch export worked before, I used it daily. But now when I tap on “Select” the “Edit” option is greyed out so I can’t even access my previous saved settings. Hence my complaint about the sudden disappearance of the batch export feature.
Pressing Select is not enough, you need to then select images by tapping them