Bracketing for HDR photos

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2023-10-11 17:57:19

+1 for HDR merging tool.

2023-11-04 15:21:54

+1 I want to add my voice to this thread. I would want this feature in Photomator however, that's the app I use, not Photomator. This would be a very useful feature. The in-camera merge is underwhelming and having a quality HDR merge in Photomator would be a value added. Would love it and use it for sure. It would also make it more competitive with Lightroom which lets face it, it wants to replace for many people. That and make the Sidecar very small, and you have a winner.

2023-11-16 08:59:40

HDR is available in Photoshop, Lightroom, Affinity Photo, Luminar Neo and many other competing apps. If Pixelmator has not made a commitment to this feature by now, I would not expect in anytime soon.

I love using Pixelmator Pro and Photomator, however, they are not a one-stop solution for many types of post-processing and therefore I have other apps for these purposes.

I think it unrealistic that Pixelmator Pro offer every feature of Photoshop/Lightroom.

2024-03-01 19:43:50

To everyone on this thread interested in Bracket Merge on Pixelmator Pro. I've been working on an applescript automation for doing this merge automatically. It creates luminosity masks for both the light end image and dark end image. Then it adjusts the levels for each contributing layer for a nice HDR merge. It seems to work pretty well assuming original raw images are aligned. So you don't have to seek out a different software solution anymore. Give it a try. Note this is a Pixelmator Pro "action" - not a separate program or something.

Check it out below. Lots of work tweaking this to make it work nicely...
- Search in Etsy : "Pixelmator Pro Bracket Merge"
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1673781560 ... cket-merge