Feature suggestion: EXIF editing

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Photo?

2023-12-29 19:11:32

I would really love ability to edit image metadata as well, specifically camera Lens info. This is primary reason preventing me from switching from Lightroom to photos+photomator.

Here is the concrete use case. Leica digital M cameras only recognize Leica lenses using 6 bit color coding. Other popular third party lenses like Voigtlaender are not recognized and not added to the metadata. This usually leads users to doing one of the two:

1. Deceiving camera to think you're using similar focal length & speed leica lense.
2. Just use lens as and make marker shot when switching lens.

When importing to lightroom it is possible to either re-map or add lens info depending on the choice above. Remapping is convenient as it can be fully automated. Adding lens metadata requires importing sets of photos between marker shots and choosing lens profile to apply.

If Photomator enabled a way to accomplish this I'd be very happy to ditch lightroom and I suspect I won't be the only one.

2024-01-28 16:49:21

+1 here too! I would love to be able to edit EXIF data. I would especially like to do this in bulk because I'm frequently working with albums of pictures where the date in the camera was incorrect or where it's a scanned album of old photos that need to be reassigned to the actual date. The tags and locations would also be nice to edit in bulk. I'd like to do this on all file types as well. I'd especially like to do this in Photomator.

2024-02-10 16:39:56

+1 here, but especially if it allowed bulk changes with an offset.

My wife and I recently shot a wedding. Then I put all the files together so that we can deliver the shots from two angles. Only problem, I missed the fact that one of the cameras was an hour and a couple minutes off. So nothing lined up. Had to use an external tool to try and change the capture time on the incorrect camera time with an offset of 1hour, 6 minutes.

Would have been great to have a tool that would allow me to see all the shots and bulk adjust the time on only a set of the shots. In the case of the tool I use for editing photos, I can filter based on camera serial number, but I couldn't bulk change the capture time with an offset.

2024-02-12 12:17:18

I found that Apple's Photos app allows for bulk editing Date and Location information. Just select all the photos there, go to the menu > Image > Adjust Date and Time... I would love to do this in Photomator to avoid using two apps, but it saves enough time that I don't mind switching to Photos for this.

2024-02-12 12:21:09

I do not know if any EXIF-related information adjustments made through the Photos app are persistent outside the photos app. If implemented in Photomator (and Pixelmator), I would prefer a hard (persistent change) edit in the file itself.

2024-02-12 19:01:23

This would be exactly what I need. I want to be able to search for many different photos. I have to use Lightroom or Adobe Bridge for this now. I am looking forward to just using Photomator.