Changing background color

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2024-01-21 10:39:01

When I use Photomator on iPad in daylight, I would like to be able to change the background to white or grey so the thumbnails would be more visible. Is it a missing feature, or is there a way to change that?šŸ¤”

2024-01-21 11:03:19

I don't have an ipad, but on the mac if you go into settings > general there's an option to change the window background between 6 different colours or the actual program colour from light/dark/auto

Shelton.

2024-01-21 11:37:03

by Shelton I don't have an ipad, but on the mac if you go into settings > general there's an option to change the window background between 6 different colours or the actual program colour from light/dark/auto

Shelton.
Thanks! Iā€™m aware of those settings, and I consider them as an essential feature for photo editor apps. Although the iOS and Mac apps share most features, after selling my Macbook Air and exclusively editing my photos on my iPad Pro with Photomator, I keep discovering that some basic features are still missing in the iOS app. Hopefully, voicing my dissatisfaction might help to encourage the dev team to look into the issues I come across and deliver a solution in future updates.šŸ™‚

2024-01-21 12:01:05

by lwlartstudio
Thanks! Iā€™m aware of those settings, and I consider them as an essential feature for photo editor apps. Although the iOS and Mac apps share most features, after selling my Macbook Air and exclusively editing my photos on my iPad Pro with Photomator, I keep discovering that some basic features are still missing in the iOS app. Hopefully, voicing my dissatisfaction might help to encourage the dev team to look into the issues I come across and deliver a solution in future updates.šŸ™‚
No worries, sorry it wasn't of help - I would raise a feature request if you haven't already done so

Shelton.

2024-01-22 11:27:19

Replying for the update.

2024-01-22 15:36:24

On iPad, open any photo in Photomator. Then press the ... menu in the top right, then select Settings. There will be a Background Color option that allows you to choose between White, light gray, Gray, medium gray, dark gray and Black. That Settings menu is not the same as the one available in the photo browser upper left corner.

2024-01-22 16:11:45

by Martin Chalifoux On iPad, open any photo in Photomator. Then press the ... menu in the top right, then select Settings. There will be a Background Color option that allows you to choose between White, light gray, Gray, medium gray, dark gray and Black. That Settings menu is not the same as the one available in the photo browser upper left corner.
Thank you! I found those settings but I would like to change the background color in the photo browser window where the thumbnails are displayed. Having a brighter background would be nice, the black one which seems to be the default color at the moment is too dark. I appreciate your input though!šŸ™‚

2024-01-22 16:50:52

by lwlartstudio
Thank you! I found those settings but I would like to change the background color in the photo browser window where the thumbnails are displayed. Having a brighter background would be nice, the black one which seems to be the default color at the moment is too dark. I appreciate your input though!šŸ™‚
Just a brain fart, is it controlled by the apple photos app rather than anything to do with photomator & if so can it be changed via that (might be well be talking rubbish!)

Shelton.

2024-01-22 21:56:39

by lwlartstudio
by Shelton
Just a brain fart, is it controlled by the apple photos app rather than anything to do with photomator & if so can it be changed via that (might be well be talking rubbish!)

Shelton.
I think that background is hardcoded in the app. It is not Apple

2024-01-23 11:51:38

by Shelton
Just a brain fart, is it controlled by the apple photos app rather than anything to do with photomator & if so can it be changed via that (might well be talking rubbish!)

Shelton.
I checked all settings before making this thread here. Hopefully, this feature will be added in a future update. Thanks for the input!šŸ™‚

2024-01-23 12:01:21

by Martin Chalifoux

I think that background is hardcoded in the app. It is not Apple
Yeah, it's not currently possible to change the background color, Iā€™m afraid. I appreciate your input, though!šŸ™‚