Does Photomator for Mac support 16-bit (export) ?

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2023-11-22 15:27:43

I was wondering if Photomator for Mac supports 16 bit file for editing and/or export, like Pixelmator Pro does (but photomator for IOS does not)

I can't find that in the spec's or documentation.

Thanks
Ben

2023-11-22 15:30:53

I think it TIFF format it does. In JPEG it is 8 bit, and HEIF is 10 bits. Do your own testing.

2023-11-22 15:32:48

Thanks Martin for the swift response.
I don't own the Mac version yet so I like to know before :wink:

2023-11-22 18:34:42

by MacGB Thanks Martin for the swift response.
I don't own the Mac version yet so I like to know before :wink:
You can do a free trial from this website on the Photomator page, there is a link. And if you own the iOS/ipadOS version you already own the Mac version, the license covers all platforms.

2023-11-22 19:02:08

Thanks again Martin.
I do own PP and am an early adapter of Pixelmator for iPad, now know as Photomator.(so way before august 2022, even participated in the test-flight for Photomator).
That's why I don't own the Mac-version yet and have to pay for it. A free trial (for editing 3 pictures) is available but I don't like to install unless I know for sure what capabilities it has. So far I like Photomator for the iPad very much, but it is of minor added value compared to other editors I have on the Mac. I would like to replace some of my Editors, but don't like to add another one. I have been waiting until the file-management option came available, which is, as announced, shortly to be expected.
Hence my renewed interest. I know I can submit a request to support, but they are quite busy. That's why I dropped the question to the forum.

2023-11-24 14:53:40

If you subscribe annual, you get 7 days free trial unlimited edits, and if you cancel on 6th day (24h ahead) it will cost you nothing. Subscription is easily managed through the Apple App Store wilth all your other subscriptions.

2023-11-24 15:11:21