Auto delete sidecar files…

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Photo?

2023-09-19 18:04:57

I think a method for automatically deleting the ever growing sidecarfiles would be great.

Perhaps a choice between immediate deletion of after 30, 60 or 90 days (selection).

And a was to ‘protect’ selected files permanently from deletion.

What do you think? Possible?

Or a MASSIVE reduction of the sidecar file size! Whatever works best

2023-10-28 09:12:24

by Frank Lehnen I think a method for automatically deleting the ever growing sidecarfiles would be great.

Perhaps a choice between immediate deletion of after 30, 60 or 90 days (selection).

And a was to ‘protect’ selected files permanently from deletion.

What do you think? Possible?

Or a MASSIVE reduction of the sidecar file size! Whatever works best
I think having all of those would be best. All ideas would be useful.Smaller sidercar files (already being worked on as far as I can read on the forum here) + auto deletion of sidecar files + protecting sidecar files for specific images so they do not get deleted.

But honestly, the current delete options for sidecar files are sufficient for me. It is manual but alright for cleaning up once in a while. So smaller sidecar files would probably be the most important from my point of view. But I'd still like to have that "protect" option. That is not possible currently if you want to use the "delete sidecar files older than 30 days" option on the setting page for example.