3 Found Bugs / Annoyances

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2023-10-11 03:07:49

Adding Vertical Guides
When using the View > Guides > Add Guide… or a keyboard shortcut to add a guide using the percentage unit, then the vertical guide is not precise, in fact it’s way off. So if I go Add Guide… and select Vertical 100% then Pixelmator puts the guide to around 66% instead. Adding a guide to 50% does not result in a guide right in the middle. On the horizontal axis everything seems to be working just fine.

Scrubby Zoom
Scrubby Zoom is not working when first pressing Cmd or Alt and then Space. It only works when you press Space first and then either Cmd or Alt. Maybe not a bug but very annoying nevertheless, since it's been printed into my muscle memory from the last 15 years!

Font Size Limit
Font size is limited to only 2000px. Maybe not a bug but it is way too small for many fonts or for larger formats, or when just wanting to design with letter forms. I know i can Convert into shape but why such a limitation?

2023-10-11 14:40:58

Adding Vertical Guides:
In my trivial testcase adding guides by percentage worked perfectly, Pixelmator Pro Version 3.4.2 (Camelot)

Font Size Limiit:
Yes, a limitation; but easily converted to shapes and resize the group as desired.

FWIW

2023-10-11 15:46:38

by mccoytest Adding Vertical Guides:
In my trivial testcase adding guides by percentage worked perfectly, Pixelmator Pro Version 3.4.2 (Camelot)
Tried to post a video here demonstrating the issue, but cannot upload videos here I guess. Yes, it's not happening every time, but it's still happening pretty consistently. I'm using Version 3.4.3 (Camelot).

2023-10-11 16:27:55

You didn't say "it's not happening every time" in your original post.

You can upload videos at https://upload.pixelmator.com/ but they cannot be viewed in this forum but a link to view is made available for use in this forum - viewed elsewhere.

2023-10-12 05:18:54

by mccoytest You didn't say "it's not happening every time" in your original post.

You can upload videos at https://upload.pixelmator.com/ but they cannot be viewed in this forum but a link to view is made available for use in this forum - viewed elsewhere.
Well yes, it does not happen every time, but I haven't figured out when or what causes it. Today first time it didn't happen, but then trying again it did happen and kept happening. Here's the video demonstrating it:

https://upload-cdn.pixelmator.com/Pixel ... .38.53.mov

As you can see adding 100% or 50% on a vertical axis clearly fails to produce the expected result. Vertical guide on 0% is all good, as are all guides on the horizontal axis.

2023-10-12 05:26:27

Now looking back at the video, it seems the vertical guide gets its 100% from the height of the canvas not its width, which is what it should do, and so the resulting guide layout gives me a perfect square. The 50% vertical guide also sits right in the middle of that square, not it the middle of the canvas.

2023-10-12 14:22:34

Yea, I replicated your simple version with my own custom size. The vertical guides for percent are using the height of the sheets and not the width of the sheet, as it should. In this image the leftmost vertical guide is at 50% and the right is set to 100% The horizontal guide is 50%
So, if your shape is a perfect square it will work properly.