Moire Removal

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2023-08-19 08:54:40

Is there any tool or combo of tools in PMP that would remove moire from an image like this?

2023-08-20 16:48:47

Maybe as a starting point; I disabled any available "Texture" and "Clarity" including "Selective Clarity" for Shadows/Midtones/Highlights:

2023-08-21 13:09:57

Thanks. I am looking for a solution that maintains the original texture, which is a tall order that some future AI will be able to do.

2023-09-15 20:48:11

I seem to have REDUCED the moire effect with Format->Retouch-> Replace Color. I did three different replace colors of several of the darkest blue pixels that were common in the moire and replace that with a lighter shade, and played with the range and intensity. I chose to Format->Color Adjustments->Flatten Adjustments to permit going to a new dark pixel selection. This was tedious process done briefly and sporadically between the first post and now. I've done enough for this conundrum.

2023-09-16 07:16:25

1. Color shift not desired
2. "Tedious Process" not desired

It would be nice to have a one-click AI solution like the noise reduction functionality seen in apps like DxO PhotoLab which I also use.

2023-09-16 13:56:21

Agreed! Just my exercise of what I might do if I really needed to. Yes, recognizing moire and repairing automatically would obviously be more desirable.