Repair tool now just works as "clone-tool ” ?

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2023-04-16 09:57:41

In the new Photomator I noticed that the Repair tool doesn’t work as before. It is very difficult to remove an object or a “line”. It seems that the repair tool seems to clone the area “randomly”. If I remove an object or a straight line I get fragments from other area’s that I don’t expect to be there. If this is the new behavior it would be nice if you could see and position an indicator from the cloned area. If not then there is some work to do ?
Anyone experiencing this behavior ?

2023-06-14 10:09:53

Same here. i was under the impression that "repair" would remove the marked object. But it doesn't, instead it alters it randomly so that it looks worse than before...

2023-07-29 18:30:57

Yes, this is what happens to me as well. Very annoying.

2023-08-05 02:57:38

I find this using the repair tool in Pixelmater. I have to go over the same area multiple times. If for instance I have a word - say PIXEL. I erase everything but the X - but then randomly across the page 20 E's will show up. Eventually after multiple tries it will all get erased, but it is time consuming and very annoying.

2023-08-08 06:36:54

Still works ad advertised for me... hit S for clone tool or R for repair tool (or menu option)

Repair tool still works as before

2023-08-08 07:15:59

In the mean-time, after the previous update, works again as supposed to.