external editor or editing TIFF or jpeg?

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2023-05-23 17:17:18

I am confused how to really integrate Photomator into my workflow. I like using apple photos as the main DAM (although being able to access folders on drives would be nice in the future) so no problem there. I do import full size TIFFs into apple photos. once I open one of these files in Photomator they show up as jpeg (when I click get info) so I am assuming I am only working not he preview file anyway? all adjustments do carry over to the original TIFF?
right now there is no way to set up an external editor (other then Pixelmator) in Photomator, I can however choose whatever I want in apple photos but it only "exports" a jpeg as well?
is there a way to work with TIFFs at all?

2023-05-24 17:05:24

Ok, looks like the latest 3.03 update solved the issue, when i go into “get info” it shows me that i am actually working on a TIFF. So far so good. Funny thing is that when i go back to check on files i worked on with the older version, “get info” says not TIFF or jpeg but “Photo” (yes, it actually does) so I am assuming this was a bug with the actual labels, not files (converting files).