New category in Format -> Effects -> Tile -> Lattice to create a grid of an image/shape/group/etc without distortion

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2023-02-06 21:38:38

Anas was trying to create a tile type effect with an item without the distortions of lattice. I have done this manually for years (select item, create x copies of the item, arrange and distribute items horizontally, group row, copy group X times, distribute groups vertically. This is a tedious process. It seems using a tile effect of an item, similar to lattice functioning would be easy. Canvas my first graphic program (now defunct) could easily do it back in the '80s

2023-02-07 10:08:50

And "Pattern Fill" won´t do what you want?

2023-02-07 11:52:44

@EllenM
Now that I see how Fill Pattern works, it would work according to @Anas needs.

But I was thinking of something more useful as I mentioned in this feature request where you could
use any image or shape layer or group and define the spacing of the layer objects in both vertical and
horizontal; preserve the transparency between items, define the starting point. A separate effect that
would be much more versatile than Fill Pattern functionality.

With this kind of functionality you could place 'Tiled' item layers on top of each other to create all kinds
of wonderful combinations. IMHO

2023-02-18 17:22:41

Hi dear

Amazing features Pattern Fill and work good, but we can’t Control space like margins to image or icon.

:dizzy_face:

2023-03-07 22:16:21

sounds like the replicator in Apple Motion