Better Warp tools

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2022-12-06 19:34:06

Really need a couple of advanced warping features (noted by mattijs on this old 2017 thread viewtopic.php?p=69929#p69929)

Warping:
- More advanced perspective warp,similar to photoshop’s perspective warp.
- Facial detection aware warping, similar to photoshop’s liquify face aware.

Anything on the roadmap for either of these?

2024-01-07 14:39:49

I would also like to see liquify come to Pixelmator Pro, evens if it's a basic version without the facial recognition settings.

The implementation in Pixelmator Classic was requested by me and many others before it was implemented and was well received.

2024-01-27 07:36:06

I made a feature request last year around getting better warp tools - specifically mesh warping you'd find in other tools such as Photopea / Affinity / Photoshop:

viewtopic.php?t=23031&hilit=mesh

Still waiting :p

2024-01-29 13:02:58

I agree that features like non-destructive perspective warping and face-aware liquify would be fantastic additions.Having those advanced transform controls at the pixel level rather than just the layer level opens up a lot more photographic editing capability. Photoshop sets the standard there for good reason.I searched around and unfortunately haven't seen any indications these specific features are slated for future Pixelmator updates. The team focuses mainly on the machine free template learning driven content-aware tools these days.However, it may be worth submitting a feature request through the Feedback menu so the Pixelmator team at least has the continued interest documented. Or even reach out via Twitter to gauge their interest in enhancing ssn template the warp toolset.As amazing as the ML stuff is, I share your desire for more precise user-guided transforms too! Hopefully it's on their radar, even if further out on the roadmap.