Default crop and window positioning (on desktop)

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2019-01-25 19:59:41

New to Pixelmator Pro and a couple of things on my wish list:

- Is it possible to have a "default" crop dimension. For instance, when I tap "c", I'd like the crop to automatically be 3:2. Is there anyway to make that happen, saving me the click each time? (Also would love crop if it would "start" at the upper left wherever I clicked the image).

- Is it possible when, for instance, you open an image, the Pixelmator window would appear in the upper left of my computer screen? It seems to be random/middlish depending on the size of the image, and I'm not a fan of the randonmess.

Thanks for any help/tips.

2019-01-28 10:02:23

Hey Todd, we have a few different plans for improving the Crop tool and remembering the last used crop preset is definitely part of those plans. I think it would also make sense to not pre-draw the crop box, so you'd be able to draw in your own box in the top left corner with the last used preset already applied.

As for remembering the last used window position, we're thinking of adding an option for this in the next Pixelmator Pro update to stop the seemingly random window size behavior.

2019-01-29 13:23:01

Thanks for the response, look forward to such features.

2019-02-04 22:49:50

For my work, I actually like it when Pixelmator defaults to a crop box around the entire image without having to draw it. Since I'm cropping scanned photos, I'm always having to clean up the edges. In Photoshop you have a choice. If you have a preselected crop when you choose the crop tool, it will apply that crop. If the width and height fields are blank, it pre draws the crop around the entire image.

2019-02-05 10:31:11

by Max McCarty 2019-02-04 22:49:50 For my work, I actually like it when Pixelmator defaults to a crop box around the entire image without having to draw it. Since I'm cropping scanned photos, I'm always having to clean up the edges. In Photoshop you have a choice. If you have a preselected crop when you choose the crop tool, it will apply that crop. If the width and height fields are blank, it pre draws the crop around the entire image.
Noted — we'll keep this in mind! :ok_hand: