transform tekst in to banana shape

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2021-06-02 22:26:22

hello people,

i want to transform my tekst in to banana shape.
but how do I do that.
searching now for 1 hour and gone be crazy haha

hope that anyone would help me to explain how to do it.

already thanks for the help.

best regards
Christiaan

2021-06-03 03:58:42

Hopefully this is what you mean:
1. With a new document open, click on the type tool, then click on the type tool symbol again, this will bring up an options menu.
2. Select the ‘path type’ tool
3. Move your cursor over to the canvas, it will change to a pen shape, click to make a hard point or click and drag to make a curved point, this bit works a lot like the pen tool if you have ever used it before!
4. If you want to make a closed shape (like a banana), click on the first point again, and to make an open shape (a rope for example), make your line and then hit ESC (escape) on your keyboard.
5. Next, type out your text where the text box is made
6. Your text will type along the line/shape!
7. style the text to your liking and if you want to change your path at anytime, double click on it!
8. Finally, if you want to adjust where your text sits on the path, adjust the dots on either side of the text box.

2021-06-03 07:54:03

Great instructions, Tali! I'd also add that once you add your text, you can convert it to shape as well. This would let you transform the individual characters the same way you transform paths, and shape them any way you like.

2021-06-03 10:10:14

Wow, I didn't even know that 'convert to shape' would separate each letter onto a new layer! looking at that now, you could use that for advanced lettering or typography. I swear every single time I open Pixelmator I learn something new!!!

2021-06-03 11:01:04

by Tali 2021-06-03 10:10:58 Wow, I didn't even know that 'convert to shape' would separate each letter onto a new layer! looking at that now, you could use that for advanced lettering or typography. I swear every single time I open Pixelmator I learn something new!!!
:red_heart: