Align a text on the bottom of a curve/ circle and FLIP IT - how not upside down?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2021-08-16 13:59:22

Dear members, Pixelmator now has the curve feature and it works pretty damn good. But I couldn't figure out, how to align the text to a curve (Bottom) and make it "readable" - not upside down.
Example is attached. Image

2021-08-19 07:31:38

Hey, awesome to hear you're enjoying the text on a path tool! To flip text, Control-click it and choose 'Flip Text Along Path' from the menu that appears — that should do it. :)

2021-08-20 19:20:48

by Aurelija Hey, awesome to hear you're enjoying the text on a path tool! To flip text, Control-click it and choose 'Flip Text Along Path' from the menu that appears — that should do it. :)
Ok I was aware of this function, but this changes the diameter of the text. Imagine you have something written on top of a circle and below. With your "trick" the text in the bottom has a smaller diameter than the one above. I worked with it, but it's not ideal.

2021-08-24 13:50:03

by dirk 2021-08-20 16:20:48
Ok I was aware of this function, but this changes the diameter of the text. Imagine you have something written on top of a circle and below. With your "trick" the text in the bottom has a smaller diameter than the one above. I worked with it, but it's not ideal.
Yes, I think I understand what you're going for. In such a case, you'd need to create a second, larger circle around your initial one and add text to the bottom of this larger circle:

If you're using shapes for this, you can later delete the shape or remove its fill to hide it.

2021-08-31 09:44:16

@dirk I guess you may need to take into account that Text will always be aligned to its baseline - unless you shift it of course: