Problem with Multiple Desktops on iMac & Big Sur

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2021-08-14 02:27:03

I have gotten used to using multiple desktops on my iMac. When I open Pixelmator Pro on one of the extra desktops, it shows up on every one of the desktops. I also have an external VGA monitor and Pixelmator Pro shows up on all desktops on that monitor as well. This behavior just started happening a few weeks ago. Pixelmator Pro is the only application that exhibits this behavior on my iMac.

2021-08-19 09:10:41

Hey Mark! Could this be a macOS display preference? In particular, perhaps you're mirroring your displays instead of using them as extended ones?

2021-08-19 19:56:55

I have tried disconnecting the second monitor and I still get the problem that PixPro is showing up on all multiple desktops. This does not happen with any other application!!!

2021-08-19 22:20:38

I finally figured it out, thanks to your hint.

When I right click on the PixPro icon in the Dock and hover over "Options", I had "All Desktops" checked. If I check "None", then PixPro opens on whichever display's dock I use to choose the PixPro icon. Problem Solved!

Thanks so much for your help.

2021-08-24 11:18:32

by Mark Conradt 2021-08-19 19:20:38 I finally figured it out, thanks to your hint.

When I right click on the PixPro icon in the Dock and hover over "Options", I had "All Desktops" checked. If I check "None", then PixPro opens on whichever display's dock I use to choose the PixPro icon. Problem Solved!

Thanks so much for your help.
Nice. Glad to hear you sorted it all out! :)