Photomator and Pixelmator Pro add RAW support for over 30 new camera models

Discuss the latest Pixelmator news.

2024-06-03 13:33:18

Photomator and Pixelmator Pro now support more than 30 new RAW file formats, including those from GoPro and Samsung. This means you can preview, open, and edit these RAW images, even if Apple's Preview or Photos apps don't support them.

Learn more on our blog.

2024-06-03 15:58:21

That is great news, just tried with my Nikon Zf and yes all works perfect.

2024-06-04 08:01:24

Great update! Any particular reason why GoPro 10 is not included?
Also a bit confused why GoPro files are only available in the file browser when your screenshot in the post shows a GoPro in the Photos browser?

2024-06-06 13:28:25

by MichaelS Great update! Any particular reason why GoPro 10 is not included?
Also a bit confused why GoPro files are only available in the file browser when your screenshot in the post shows a GoPro in the Photos browser?
Good questions! Technically, you can work with all GoPro RAW files (even Hero10) in Photomator by converting them to DNG format. In the Files browser, we handle that conversion automatically. However, in the Photos browser, you need to do the conversion manually. Also, we decided to skip official support for GoPro Hero10 RAWs for now because of some quality issues, like an undesirable bluish tint that appears after DNG conversion. We’d like to be able to open these RAWs as they should before adding official support. :pray:

2024-06-06 16:02:29

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately I have the Hero 10 :)

How do I do the conversion manually in the Photos browser? Are you referring to a third party tool or something built into Photomator?
How come the GoPro RAW's only work automatically in the Files browser while the other formats you added work automatically in both?

2024-06-07 14:35:54

Sony A7C II Pleeeeeeaaaaassseeeee 😭