Photomator update availability confusion

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2024-01-27 03:11:07

The Photomator website and the Apple store are sending conflicting messages about the availability of Photomator 3.3.

I have Photomator 3.2.3 installed on my Mac Studio. From there the Photomator website promotes the new version 3.3 with a link to try for free. Clicking that link goes to the Apple store offering 3.2.3.

I don't have Photomator installed on my iPad. Going to the Apple store there brings up an offering for Photomator 3.3 and a message indicating it is unavailable in the U.S.

I have Photomator 3.3.1 installed on my iPhone, apparently with all the new bells and whistles. Checking the license in system settings indicates I have a license for the desktop, iPad and iPhone.

2024-01-27 10:19:06

Yes I agree it is a tad confusing, Photomator 3.3 is available for the phone app ( I don't have an ipad ) But on mac its still in beta (I have 3.3 beta 8 installed)

The wording on the store page & their website could be tweaked to say this, the mac version will be released once they are happy with it

Shelton

2024-01-28 01:11:21

by BobAusTx I have Photomator 3.2.3 installed on my Mac Studio. From there the Photomator website promotes the new version 3.3 with a link to try for free. Clicking that link goes to the Apple store offering 3.2.3.
Yeah. Frustrating since I've been waiting for so long for the full file system integration that was supposed to come before 2024.

2024-01-30 14:06:05

by B P
Yeah. Frustrating since I've been waiting for so long for the full file system integration that was supposed to come before 2024.
I never got a beta invite. So I will assume that beta testing of the macOS file system feature has exposed some issues that require more testing and QA. Development is never predictable. They should not have promised a release date as it leads to unhappy customers when the date is missed.