It’s an exciting day today. We have two (!) Pixelmator updates ready for you to download: Pixelmator for Mac 3.3.1 and Pixelmator for iPad 1.0.2. Things like this only happen before the Holiday Season.
Pixelmator for Mac 3.3.1
Pixelmator for Mac comes wrapped in some new and pretty neat features. You’ve been asking about them for some time, so we’re quite excited to announce that with Pixelmator for Mac 3.3.1, you now can:
- Pinch to zoom within a document window.
- Scroll your shapes, gradients, and styles collections within Shapes, Gradients, and Styles palettes.
In addition to the new features, we’ve squashed some bugs and improved the Pixelmator performance. You can now properly see the document window bottom side, the Info bar now correctly displays X and Y coordinates, the Pixelmator folder now always appears in iCloud Drive, and much more.
Pixelmator for iPad 1.0.2
Pixelmator for iPad has got some love, too. We’ve made some great improvements with rotation, so it’s now so much easier to rotate objects, the brushes have been remastered to work better with styluses, and a whole lot more:
- We’ve made it way easier to rotate objects on the canvas.
- You can rotate even more precisely with the new Rotate slider in Format > Arrange.
- A new Opacity slider to adjust brush tip opacity.
- A new Brush Size slider to adjust the Retouch tool tip size.
- Remastered brushes to work better with styluses.
- A slew of fixes to preserve EXIF metadata:
- Image metadata is preserved when using Pixelmator Photo Editing Extension;
- Image metadata is preserved when opening and exporting images to Photo Library;
- Image metadata is preserved if image is opened from iCloud Drive.
- A bunch of fixes to improve Photo Editing Extension:
- Remastered Blur effect to work better;
- Minimized the extension app executable file size to lower memory footprint;
- Removed all unnecessary resources so the extension package is even smaller.
- The selection drawing performance is way better now.
- Sharpen effect performance is greatly improved.
- Sharpen/Soften retouching tools’ intensity is improved.
- Selection animation now restores correctly when switching between apps.
- Removed irrelevant warning about color profiles when exporting PNG or JPG files to Pixelmator iCloud Drive.
- Fixed several minor memory leaks.
- Improved app launch stability. Please upgrade to iOS 8.1.2, too. If you are still experiencing any issues, please email us at email@example.com.
- Improved compatibility with Pixelmator for Mac shapes.
- Improved the Paint Selection tool performance.
- Fixed possible crashing issue related to the Paint Selection tool.
- Added Traditional Chinese localization.
Enjoy the updates and have a wonderful Holiday Season.
P.S. Some more exciting news! An awesomely delicious newsletter is getting ready for show. If you want to join the news list, subscribe here.