Photomator and Pixelmator to be available on Apple Vision Pro from day one

Discuss the latest Pixelmator news.

2024-01-19 13:17:25

Photomator and Pixelmator are coming to Apple Vision Pro! 👀 Starting February 2nd, enjoy all your favorite tools and features from Photomator and Pixelmator on iPad in a whole new creative space, and keep an eye out for extended visionOS support in the future.

Learn more on our blog.

2024-01-19 17:08:32

It is great marketing for Apple and Pixelmator, but honestly useful to nobody at this point. Photomator has many issues that do not get resolved, and the roadmap is kind of stalled. My humble opinion is that this is distraction and provides little to the existing user base that believed in the future of this app. I wish more resources would be spend moving forward on the Mac and iPad, before adding that platform that will take years to get any meaningful user base.

2024-01-19 18:40:38

by Martin Chalifoux [..]
My humble opinion is that this is distraction and provides little to the existing user base that believed in the future of this app. I wish more resources would be spend moving forward on the Mac and iPad, before adding that platform that will take years to get any meaningful use base.
I fully agree with this point of view.
As it is now the public version of Photomator on Mac (version 3.2.3) really needs the announced file browser functionality.
I understand it is in beta testing now, but I am afraid that assigning resources to Vision Pro will mean that these resources are not available to develop much needed functionality for the existing Mac user base.
Please assure me that I am wrong.....

2024-01-20 11:44:09

路线图上的新功能开发停滞不前,希望专注于提供更多摄影师急需的功能!

2024-01-26 12:07:58

开发团队究竟在做什么,那么多基础优化工作不做,路线图也完全停滞。

2024-01-31 04:45:22

I too am concerned that dedicating resources to Apple Vision (in reality how many users will there be) will detract from improving Photomator and delivering the functionality set out in the roadmap. I sincerely hope that you guys are not going to follow so many other developers in putting style before substance.

2024-02-03 18:50:22

There is 0% percent use for this as a professional🙂

2024-02-23 20:24:04

That's pretty exciting news about Photomator and Pixelmator hitting Apple Vision Pro! I've been using both apps on my iPad for a while now, and they've been game-changers for my photography and graphic design projects. The idea of having these tools available on a new platform like the Apple Vision Pro opens up a lot of creative possibilities, especially with the kind of immersive experience Apple is promising.

I'm curious to see how the apps will take advantage of the unique features of visionOS. For anyone looking to dive deeper into what the Apple Vision Pro has to offer and how it might change the creative workflow with apps like Photomator and Pixelmator, you should read about Apple Vision Pro for a more comprehensive overview.