Musical Notation?

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2023-11-13 19:11:33

Hi PM friends,

I've love to have a Shape collection for musical notations.
Does such a thing exist?

I guess this leads to other questions:

Can custom shape collections be shared between users? Maybe someone out there has created a collection of music notations that could be shared? (if such a thing doesn't already exist)

Does Pixelmator have other collections that can be downloaded? (I guess this would be like downloading plug-ins for Logic Pro, etc).

Thanks,
Matthew

2023-11-13 20:06:52

Q? Did you bother to do a web search for musical notation? - I used duck duck go - dozens of pages of musical symbol images which can easily, if time consuming, be to turned into a library of musical shapes.

2023-11-13 21:21:32

I did bother. It's the time consuming part I'm hoping to avoid. If, for example, existing shape collections are able to be shared. But, yes, creating a shape collection from disparate images is a possibility, thanks so much for suggesting. Annotating separately in ForScore is another possibility, though this means editing between apps. Anyway, thanks for your reply.

2023-11-14 18:50:51

This might be helpful to you. Install a music font on your OS:
https://fonts.google.com/noto/specimen/ ... w.text=ABC

These fonts are licensed under the Open Font License.
You can use them in your products & projects – print or digital, commercial or otherwise.

Then you can use it in Pixelmator Pro pretty easily as a font.
You need to open your "Font Book" app, select the Noto Music Font, and find the character you want to insert there. Then click the "Copy" button there - go back to Pixelmator pro and "Paste". And there you have it. All the musical symbols.

2023-11-15 00:18:45

OMIGOSH THANK YOU. Wow. This going to be useful in so many ways even beyond Pixelmator.

Thank you ShaTy, sincerely.