Issues using Ver 2.9.2

Discuss Pixelmator for iOS and mobile image editing.

2023-06-28 18:58:32

The main issue & one that is really making me hesitant to work in the app is how often when exiting working on something (back to ‘images’) that it fails to create a pixelmator document with the work progress. It shows one in the Recent files with an appropriate thumbnail but shows the image area info as “0 x 0”. Then when selecting it to open it says it cannot open the file (Error 513). Quitting the app & then reopening it the file is no longer listed. There have also been times where quitting the app & then reopening it NOTHING is shown in the
Recents.

Also the issue with paste not pasting ‘in place’ still happens. The only time something actually pastes in place is if all 4 edges of the image are part of it. Otherwise where it actually pastes in the canvas area is inconsistent & many times pastes outside the canvas. Then it is only visible as a selection box (if the layer is selected) until moving it inside the canvas.

Also ‘Quick Selection’ just doesn’t work as well as it used to. It rarely gets selections anywhere near accurate clicking areas that are visibly defined. Using ‘Add to’ when selecting with it, more often than growing the selection to include a defined area it just grabs a roundish blob area that has no relation to what is in the image.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My device is an iPad 6 running iOS 16.5.1
with over 40gb of free space
& over 1TB free space on iCloud Drive

I have gotten in the habit of either power cycling or doing a hard reset prior to starting work sessions to ensure as much memory as possible is available to the app. That includes not running any other apps while using it & having background app refresh disabled system wide.