Erase brush and paint brush within an selection recently became unreliable

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2023-05-19 21:56:33

I draw in Pixelmator and I use a specific layer where I have have drawn lines where I then use the color selection tool to select the empty space , then change layers to then paint brush or use the erase brush to draw.

Suddenly, and seemingly in the most recent update, being able to use the erase brush and paint brush no longer work. Interestingly deleting by using the Delete key does remove pixels in the selection which the Erase brush now cannot.

Deselecting the selection and brushing and erasing work as normal.

This seems to happen with existing files, and I cannot replicate this with new files. Frustrating.

2023-05-20 18:56:22

Here is a sample of the unreliability. The black line is on one layer. Notice the selection line following the drawn black line, the screenshot shows the erase brush erasing the light blue on a different layer but the erasing is happening at a slight offset.

A second note that cannot be observed in the screenshot, the erasing is only working while at the full zoom, and the next two zoom steps in. Once zooming in closer than that the erase brush fails to remove pixels.

The Paint brush experiences a very similar problem but the offset is at yet a different offset amount that does not line up with the Erase brush offset.