ML Match color doesn't seem to work

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2022-03-13 11:18:39

Hi!

I just downloaded the trial of Pixelmator Pro. My main use would be the awesome ML Match Color feature.

But I think it doesn't work for me. I do everything as instructed (you can't do anything wrong to be honest) but the wheel spins for half a second and then goes away. The picture stays the same and no adjustments were made.
I tried it many different ways but none of them seem to work.

Other ML features as "Enhance" and "Noise Reduction" work perfectly.

Can you help me out with that?

Thank you 🙂

2022-03-14 10:04:10

I wonder if this is a macOS thing. Newer versions restrict the HD access rights massively until you explicitly allow it - so maybe you have to allow access first or this dialog didn´t show up. Or is it perhaps too inconspicuous a change? At the bottom there is a button for before/after evaluation.
Aside from that it works here flawlessly on BigSur/M1Mac wether I call it from the Color Adjustments panel or the menu Format->Color Adjustments etc.

2022-03-14 16:04:58

I never used it so I thought I might give it a try. Latest OS version on Intel Mac. Works flawless and fast. So I doubt that this is macOS related. Maybe install again?

2022-03-16 11:24:31

by simonza 2022-03-13 09:18:39 Hi!

I just downloaded the trial of Pixelmator Pro. My main use would be the awesome ML Match Color feature.

But I think it doesn't work for me. I do everything as instructed (you can't do anything wrong to be honest) but the wheel spins for half a second and then goes away. The picture stays the same and no adjustments were made.
I tried it many different ways but none of them seem to work.

Other ML features as "Enhance" and "Noise Reduction" work perfectly.

Can you help me out with that?

Thank you 🙂
A couple of sample images that you're trying to match would be awesome to troubleshoot this further. You can either share them here or send them to us at support@pixelmator.com. Thanks!

2022-03-18 08:50:32

Upon further investigation, it turns out the ML Match Colors issue was actually a regression. It should be fixed in yesterday's Pixelmator Pro update (v2.3.6) and the trial. You'd just have to redownload the trial (and delete the old version) to get ML Match Colors working again. Apologies for the inconvenience!