How to save an SVG file after changing the color?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2022-03-02 22:25:56

I have an SVG file for a logo and I want to change the size of the logo and its color in Pixelmator. I can't figure out how to change the size in Pixelmator (they don't seem to have any tutorials on how to do this) so I'm just trying to change the color.

The logo has three separate layers so I've selected each layer, one by one, in the Layers menu and then I clicked on the Color Adjustments icon and used the eyedropper to select the current and new colors for that layer. The colors appear to have been changed. I then clicked on File > Export, entered the new file name and Format: SVG, and clicked the Export button. However, when I view the new SVG file, nothing has been changed. The logo has the very same colors as in the beginning. Have I left out a step?

And if I also want to change the logo's size, how do I do that? I know that this being an SVG file, the <svg> tags height and width attributes must be changed. Can you do that in Pixelmator or do I have to export it with the new colors and then edit the file with a text editor?

Thanks.

2022-03-03 08:51:57

Everything works in this regard as expected. To Scale/Transform multiple layers you need to group them and scale the group - you can ungroup when done. To change the color select the object of interest and open the Style menu (S) and make your changes accordingly.
Changes will appear in File->Export…->SVG