CMYK profile not showing on Soft Proof menu

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2022-02-25 20:41:25

Latest version of Pixelmator Pro. I go to the View/Soft Proof and there are lots of RGB profiles and an header for CMYK Profiles but no CMYK profile. All other profiles appear to be there. I know there is only a generic one but would like to use that if possible.

Thanks

2022-02-28 09:30:54

Hey there, Randy. Could you try checking if the CMYK color profile(s) are installed on your Mac? You can go to ColorSync Utility > Profiles to do so.

2022-03-15 18:09:45

Here are screen shots from Pixelmater pro soft proof colors menu and from the profiles display on the Color Sync Utility. No CMYK?
M1 MacBook Pro 2021 and Big Sur 11.6.4
Pixelmator Pro Version 2.3.4 Abracadabra

Any Suggestion to get CMYK soft proofing would be appreciated

Thanks

2022-03-16 10:17:29

That´s indeed strange. At least one generic CMYK profile should appear. You can try "Profile First Aid" if it finds any problems and look up at Macintosh HD/System/Library/ColorSync/Profiles if there is any "Generic CMYK Profile.icc" stored.
There´s an BigSur update BTW - not saying it will help with the issue - but who knows?
I loaded a JPG into PixelmatorPro where Color SoftProofing is not available at all (greyed out)- no idea why - probably because it didn´t carry any color profile at all.