Remove black lipstick

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2022-02-15 17:43:49

Hallo ladys and gentleman,

I'm pretty new to editing photos and this kind of thing so I'm sorry if this is a rather obvious question, but I couldn't find a solution myself.
I've got a picture from a girl with black lipstick and I want to remove it. I've found many options to change colors but no one could change the black into any other color. I've tried every possible function of the color adjustment tool but nothing seems to work. If I use the selective color adjustment and take one kind of black from the lips I can change it perfectly fine. But I can configure just one color which I want to replace and some parts of the lips are obviously not the same color as other spots.

I'm grateful for every idea of how to make it work. Thanks for your comments!

2022-02-17 09:13:06

Hi there, I'd probably try something quite basic first – try creating an empty new layer, and painting on it with solid red over the lips. Then, try changing the new liptstick layer's blending mode. It's hard to remember what each one does, but try something like Screen – that should work quite well. Finally, if you need to lighten the lips, you can try brushing over the lips themselves using the Lighten tool (feel free to simply hide the red layer while you do this). I haven't tried these steps myself, but I think they should get you quite far. If you get stuck or get unexpected results at any point, let me know and I'll do my best to help out!

2022-02-17 23:35:45

by Andrius 2022-02-17 08:13:06 Hi there, I'd probably try something quite basic first – try creating an empty new layer, and painting on it with solid red over the lips. Then, try changing the new liptstick layer's blending mode. It's hard to remember what each one does, but try something like Screen – that should work quite well. Finally, if you need to lighten the lips, you can try brushing over the lips themselves using the Lighten tool (feel free to simply hide the red layer while you do this). I haven't tried these steps myself, but I think they should get you quite far. If you get stuck or get unexpected results at any point, let me know and I'll do my best to help out!
Thank your for your comment. I will try out the steps you have mentioned on the next chance. I‘ve seen things like painting on the lips with a solid color first and then using other tools so I think this might be the solution I‘ve seen in many photoshop tutorials regarding this topic.