Disabling Auto-Save?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2022-01-30 15:36:17

So sorry to keep posting about similar questions, however I'm just trying to get up to speed on the software! I'm really, really enjoying it so far and want to make sure I know how to do everything properly.

Say I want to open a file, play around with it but just in an experimental way. Nothing that I want to save. Do I have to be sure to revert the file when I close it? Is there a way to just open a file, play around with it and close it without saving the current state?

2022-01-30 21:55:57

When you close the file hit "Delete" and nothing will be saved.
If you don´t want a .pxd file made via opening go Preferences->General; disable "Import JPEG, PNG, and TIFF images" and tell "Don´t Save" when closing the file - so no edit will be saved.

2022-01-31 13:30:49

Thanks for the reply Ellen!

When I close the file I'm not prompted to save or delete or anything, really. It just kind of closes, and it save the state.

2022-01-31 13:59:06

When I close the file I'm not prompted to save or delete or anything, really. It just kind of closes, and it save the state.
"Ask to keep changes when closing documents" is most likely turned off in the System Preferences on your Mac. If you turn it on, it should let you revert the image to the last-opened version when closing.

2022-01-31 14:02:02

by Aurelija 2022-01-31 13:59:52
"Ask to keep changes when closing documents" is most likely turned off in the System Preferences on your Mac. If you turn it on, it should let you revert the image to the last-opened version when closing.
It sure was! Thank you so much!

2022-01-31 14:21:52

by VincentCento 2022-01-31 14:03:41
It sure was! Thank you so much!
No problem! :raised_hands: