Editing image with Photomator

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2024-05-10 08:23:55

When I launch Photomator using a third party app (PhotoMechanic Plus) Photomator opens but the image I was looking to edit when I launched the app doesn’t open. When I use the same third party app and tell it to launch Pixelmator Pro to edit the image the image opens as expected in Pixelmator Pro. The only way I can edit the image in Photomator is to manually browse for the image by adding it using the “+” sign in Photomator when it launches. The images I am editing are contained on an external SSD directly attached to my laptop.

2024-05-10 09:34:54

Photomator is not designed to be used like that I believe. It is meant to be a photo manager and photo editor much like Lightroom or Apple Photos.

2024-05-10 10:25:14

Just tested it on my M1 MacBook Air with an external SSD containing image files.

I use Photo Supreme though, not PhotoMechanic.

Sending images from Photo Supreme to Photomator works like a charm, Photomator launches and opens the image immediately.

The only condition is that the file should have Read/Write rights set, when it is Read Only this operation will fail.
Pixelmator Pro on the other hand has no issues with Read Only files, something I always found a bit odd.....

2024-05-10 19:39:30

Thanks for the feedback. The files aren’t set to read only so I am assuming it is an interface issue between Photomator and PhotoMechanic.It is a pity as many times I only need the Photomator functionality as opposed to Pixelmator Pro’s functionality. It is a bit like using Photoshop when Lightroom would do. Still I can continue to use PhotoMechanic as my image management before I process/make any necessary edits before sending the image to photos.